The Destroyer could not touch the house where the blood of the lamb was applied. God gave them the sacrifice but they had to apply it. God gave us Jesus as our sacrifice but we must accept Him into our life (John 3:16).
Psalm 18:1-12: Wow!!!! Notice how God responds to His children when trouble confronts them, and they proclaim His protection and pray.
Matthew 20:17-34: The mother of the sons of Zebedee wanted her sons to rule before they served. Many want to go straight to the top or to the pulpit before the serving. Jesus takes the time to minister a very important principle of the kingdom of God in Matthew 20:24-28. The following is a set of contrasting marks of the character of a good, godly leader:
- Self-reliant, but not Self-sufficient
- Energetic, but not Self-seeking
- Steadfast, but not Stubborn
- Tactful, but not Timid
- Serious, but not Sullen
- Loyal, but not Sectarian
- Unmovable, but not Stationary
- Gentle, but not Hypersensitive
- Tenderhearted, but not Touchy
- Conscientious, but not a Perfectionist
- Disciplined, but not Demanding
- Generous, but not Gullible
- Meek, but not Weak
- Humorous, but not Hilarious
- Friendly, but not Familiar
- Holy, but not Holier-than-thou
- Discerning, but not Critical
- Progressive, but not Pretentious
- Authoritative, but not Autocratic
For a personal test and challenge, circle the words that best describe you. Be honest!!!! Ask God to help you develop the positive attributes that you couldn’t circle. Change does not come overnight but once you are open and truthful with God, change will come as you ask daily for His help.